Recipe – Naked Greek Prawns
Enjoy this recipe with an early harvest Hunter Valley Semillon.
Green king prawns
1 brown onion - diced
A few sticks of celery - diced
A few cloves of garlic - diced
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
A handful of parsley
A handful of basil
1 tin crushed tomatoes
A sprinkle of fetta
A splash of red wine
A splash of Ouzo
- Remove the shell from the prawns to reveal their naked flesh keeping the tail on
- In a wok or deep fry pan, add olive oil, onion, garlic and celery. Sizzle for a few minutes
- Add naked prawns and sprinkle with cayenne pepper. Turn regularly to cook evenly for a few minutes
- Add tin of crushed tomatoes, a splash of red wine and ouzo. Bring to simmer for a few minutes
- Reduce heat then add a handful of basil. Rest for a minute or so
- Serve into a bowl then sprinkle with a handful of parsley and fetta
Depending on the amount of people you are cooking for you may need to add extra tomatoes or a splash of stock or water.
For a heartier feast, add mussels in with the prawns or serve with linguine. You can adjust spiciness by adding more cayenne pepper or chopped chilli.
Early harvest Hunter Valley Semillon.